Sunday, April 15, 2007

Gakuen Alice 38

Mikan: "Natsume! What're you doing here?"
Natsume went near the lake and took sips of water.
Mikan: "Ah, so you came to get a drink. Well...if you'd waited just a bit longer, I'd have brought the water back."
Natsume: "Got tired of waiting."
Mikan: "Ruka-pyon's just gone to look for you."
Natsume: "How could I continue staying on at a place surrounded by Penguin and Shadow." He remembers what Ruka had said earlier, that he would give his Alice Stone to Mikan.
Mikan: "Why do you dislike others so much? And why isn't Ruka-pyon back yet? He ran all the way back in the hope that you'd be able to see this beautiful scenery, too. I can understand the feeling he has, wanting to share this beauty with the person he likes. Come to think of it...Ruka-pyon must really like you. I mentioned this much to Ruka-pyon, too. I wish I could appreciate this with Hotaru. Because the relationship Hotaru and I have seems very similar to the one the two of you have."
Natsume: "That's disgusting, it's not similar at all. Don't mention us in the same sentence as you."
Mikan thinks to herself: "Just now, the moon I saw with Ruka-pyon was sparkly and beautiful...but why does the moon I see with this guy just seem so blurry?"
Natsume: "Just now, you were talking to Ruka, about the Alice Stone."
Mikan: "You heard the conversation I had with Ruka-pyon? If you'd known we were around, you could at least have called out."
Natsume: "Do you know what it means to exchange Alice Stones?"
Mikan: "Is there some special meaning?"
Natsume remembers. Flashback:
Some girls: "Ruka-kun, Natsume-kun!"
Natsume: "What?"
Girls: "Want to exchange stones with one of us?"
Permy (Sumire): "Wait! You, there! What're you doing!? You shouldn't Natsume-kun, Ruka-kun. Must be more careful. If you'd really exchanged Alice Stones, you'd be 'engaged to be future partners', that is dating, you know! It's a long established dating tradition. It's common relationship knowledge around the school, you know."
Back to the main scene:
Mikan: "Hey, Natsume..."
Natsume is in deep thinking.
Mikan thinks: "What's up with this fellow? Is he trying to say that my Alice can't match up to Ruka's, or something like that... Ah, seems like something he'd say. Why isn't Ruka-pyon back yet? Somehow I feel that being alone with Natsume is really tiring. It's probably better if I went back to Tsubasa-senpai. Really, just thinking about it, I know Ruka-pyon's Alice Stone will be fantastic." She pictures herself using Ruka's Alice Stone; all the animals gathered around her. "I think my Alice Stone would probably be useful, too. As long as it's ability is strong. That time, too." Remembers when being attacked by trees. "Ah, but that was thanks to Tono-senpai's Alice Stone. Strange...somehow Natsume's always involed when my ability's most useful. Ah, that time it was useful." Remembers being kidnapped by Reo.
She remembers about that time...
Mikan thinking: "If Natsume didn't have Alice, if he weren't as strong as he now is, he wouldn't have been kidnapped by Reo. Further more, Natsume wouldn't be so used to danger. How Natsume feels towards his own power...an unwanted Alice...even though I've never really thought about it... == (echoes in Mikan's mind) Ah...whoever needs my Alice the most..."
Mikan: "Hey, Natsume...I'll give that stone to Natsume. If I grow up, and become powerful, and make a very fantastic Alice Stone..."
Natsume was very surprised.
Natsume: "I don't want it. Haven't you arranged that you'd give it to Ruka?" He thinks: "What's up with this girl?"
Mikan: "Umm...so i'll make two stones."
Natsume: "For someone like you, even if you're grown up, I doubt you could make two Alice Stones at ease."
Mikan thinks: "And I thought I could make at least three, for Ruka-pyon, Hotaru, and myself."
Natsume, still remembering Ruka's and Mikan's promise about the Alice Stone, and sees Ruka's happy face in his mind. "You only need to make a stone for Ruka." Then splashed Mikan with cold water.
Mikan: "Ah! Cold! What did you do that for!?"
Natsume: "Too noisy, you ugly girl, stupid, ugly girl." They started the water fight.
Mikan: "You mentioned ugly girl twice, you stinky fox!"
Natsume: "Stupid ugly girl, slow ugly girl, extremely ugly girl!"
Mikan: "Hey, don't add stuff on top of ugly girl!"
Both of them are dripping wet.
Natsume still remembering what Mikan had said: "When I grow up...i'll give my stone to Natsume...when I grow up..."
Mikan: "Damn! So cold!"
Natsume: "Hey, ugly girl..."
Mikan: "I'm not answering you."
Natsume: "Do you still plan to have that hairstyle in five years' time?"
Mikan: "What?"
Natsume: "That hairstyle won't be suitable in five years' time. Put your hair down. Put it down, it looks better that way." He turned around and headed back to camp.
Mikan blushes: "Who...what are you...suddenly saying that kinda thing..." She thinks: "The moon that was just so blurry has somehow become so bright."
Mikan: "Who's just gonna listen to what you say."
Natsume: "Let's go back."
Mikan: "Wait...wait a minute." She followed him back.
Once they were back, they saw Tsubasa-senpai and Ruka-pyon laughing so silly at nothing.
Tsubasa: "Yo...the two of you... Geez, this really gives me a headache, this mountain... The grapes Penguin'd brought back...they seem to contain alcohol, ya know." Tsubasa laughing so silly, and looks kind of crazy. So does Ruka-pyon.
Natsume and Mikan: "Eh?"
Ruka: "Been defeated again!"
Tsubasa: "I'm not really drunk, so it's alright, but Ruka-pyon is..." He explains to them what had happened.
A little while ago...
Ruka: "Eh? Where's Natsume?"
Tsubasa: "Man, don't care about him. Have a bit of these grapes, they seem pretty tasty."
Tsubasa-senpai just finished eating one of the grapes. "Whoa, did this contain alcohol?"
Ruka ate, too: "Na...Natsume isn't back yet."
Present time:
Natsume grabbed Penguin: "Isn't it about time to burn him to a crisp?"
Mikan: "Wait, Natsume!"
Tsubasa grabbed Mikan and hugged her tightly. "Eh...Mikan, why do I feel like you're especially cute today, lil' girl?"
Ruka (still drunk) pushes Tsubasa-senpai away from Mikan: "Stop bugging her, idiot!" Then hugged Mikan.
Mikan (very surprised): "Eh? Whoa, Ruka-pyon?"
Natsume: "Ruka..." He holds him. Ruka hesitated. "Natsume...Natsume..." Then hugs him tightly.Ruka has fallen asleep but doesn't let go of Natsume's hand.
Tsubasa (calmed down) to Mikan: "Natsume doesn't seem to be in a very good mood because Ruka-pyon isn't letting go. Anyway, it's probably about time for you to sleep, too."
Mikan: "Yeah...I was really shocked for a moment there." She lied down on the grass and used tree leaves as blankets. "Tsubasa-senpai, aren't you going to sleep?"
Tsubasa: "Who's fault is this? I'm still very awake, it's alright." Because Tsubasa-senpai got beaten up by Natsume a while ago for giving Ruka those grapes.
Mikan: "But..."
Tsubasa-senpai patted Mikan's head. "Quick, go to sleep. It's not good to sleep without someone to keep guard. Especially in this kind of forest."
Mikan thinks: "He's obviously used a lot of Alice and is probably as tired as everyone else. Compared to us, Tsubasa-senpai is really like an adult, even though only older than us by four years. No matter what happens, I must definitely, definitely bring back Hotaru's medicine and Iinchou's Alice. Tomorrow, I must do my best. I will do my best, Hotaru." And she drifted off to sleep.
Ruka-pyon has finally let go of Natsume.
Natsume is coughing roughly.
Tsubasa: "Natsume? What's up?"
Natsume, coughing blood. Very serious.
Tsubasa: "Natsume?"

summary by: cooldog87

No comments:

Post a Comment